Beauty: Lime Crime velvetine swatches


I hope everyone has been having lovely Christmas days, enjoying copious amounts of food, family love and cheesy movies. I'm dropping in to share some Lime Crime velvetine swatches with you guys. I wrote about the velvetines earlier after ordering Pumpkin for myself and a couple of other colours for my friends (group orders are where it's at). We all loved the quality of our Lime Crime orders so much that a second (and when Black Friday came along, a third) order was only a matter of time. 

I found it hard to find reliable colour swatches of some shades when contemplating which velvetines to get, so I figured more is more when it comes to swatches! My friends were nice enough to let me swatch their orders as well, so I've put together a big post featuring pictures of a range of Lime Crime velvetines in consistent light so you can compare and figure out whether these might suit you.

I plan to add to this post if we order more velvetines, but right now, it features Suedeberry, Trouble, Fetish, Cindy, Beet it, Wicked, Prairie, Saint, Rave, Red Velvet, Cupid and Squash.

Beauty: Lime Crime velvetine swatches
Beauty: Lime Crime velvetine swatches

The formulas differ a bit from shade to shade - Trouble is almost more like a lip cream than a liquid lipstick and takes a bit longer to dry (super comfortable and smooth), while Cupid is a bit drier. Some demand some more building up (Beet it and Fetish) while others were opaque and even in one swipe (Wicked, Cindy, Red Velvet). Still, the quality of the velvetines I've tried is top notch, and I keep reaching for the ones I own (Cindy, Squash, Red Velvet, Cupid and Pumpkin). Cindy has got to be my fav, perfect for daily wear and so flattering.

OK, I hope these swatches can narrow down the choice for you! Be sure to drop me a line if you have any questions. And tell me which of these you like best!

No comments