Beauty: Essence Soo Glow highlighter review


Sometimes, it's 100% worth it to splurge on beauty products. However, for those in the know, it's clear that there are absolute treasures to be found among drugstore make up. My favourite foundation, Revlon Colorstay, is a good example, but the product I will be reviewing today is even cheaper. Say hello to Essence's Soo Glow! cream to powder highlighter, which I bought after seeing it on Joppe (queen of highlights) and my sister. It's only €2.89 at Kruidvat which makes it a perfect impulse buy, as you will soon find out.


Obviously, as you can see from the fingerprint marks, I couldn't help myself from swatching the highlighting cream before taking pictures. That's what you get when you pick up a product during your lunch break. Fingers itching to get in there and feel the substance, see what it looks like on your skin. So forgive me for my enthusiasm!


The Soo Glow highlighter comes in two shades: a white one (10 Look On The Bright Side) and and this pale beige-pink one (20 Bright Up Your Life), both are very similar when swatched and give a beautiful, cool toned, frosty highlight that is more shimmer than glitter. It's very soft and creamy to the touch but sets immediately when applied to the skin, so the best way to use it is to get some on your fingers and then dab it on exactly where you want it to be. If you try to blend it in more, you will just start rubbing of your other makeup and end up with patchiness. Dabbing it on works perfectly though, and you can easily build Soo Glow up to get an effect that is anywhere from subtle to sci-fi unicorn bright. 

I love cool toned highlighters for how fresh and clean they can make your skin look, whereas warm toned highlighters give more of a healthy, sunkissed glow.


This is the effect I get when I apply Soo Glow lightly to my cheekbones, nose bridge, and just above the eyebrows. Soft, natural and clean.


And this is what it looks like if I build up the product a bit more. Beautiful, frosty highlight!

Obviously you can build it up even more, but this is the look I usually go for. This is a lovely product that I can't recommend enough if you want that luminated look. I wouldn't tell you to buy it if you use a powder foundation, though: this works best over other cream or liquid products. At just €2.89, this is a total steal.

No comments