Outfit: shaggy faux fur coat, wide brim hat


 coat: c/o LookbookStore - sweater: New Look - skinnies: Cheap Monday - boots: Kell via Zalando - handbag: & Other Stories - wide brim hat: H&M

I have to admit that I cringe when I see people instagramming poached eggs on avocado toast right now. It feels strange to just go on blogging without acknowledging what happened in Paris last Friday. My boyfriend and I stayed up until 3pm obsessively checking live feeds and watching the news. When stuff like this happens, I just feel the need to soak up all the information I can get, probably as some way to get control of the situation, at least in my head. It's tempting to try and end a statement on the attacks with some sort of uplifting message, about hope or love or grattitude for being safe, but that feels too easy to me. Sometimes, life punches you in the gut, and there is nothing for you to do than feel the pain and deal with it the best way you can.

In the end, most of the time the best way to deal with life is to keep on living. Or like Buffy taught us:
SPIKE
Life's not a song
Life isn't bliss
Life is just this
It's living
You'll get along
The pain that you feel
You only can heal
By living
You have to go on living
(...)

DAWN
The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.

So that's what we'll do. And this is me doing just that. An outfit post, not as an act of resistance or to make some grand point, but because this is what all of us around the world and throughout history have (had) to do at times like these. Continue, even if that means posting pics of avocado toast.

No comments