Outfit: date night in red lace up dress

Outfit: date night in red lace up dress and knee high boots


Outfit: date night in red lace up dress
Outfit: date night in red lace up dress and knee high boots
knee high boots
Outfit: date night in red lace up dress
gold nailpolish, silver jewelry
Outfit: date night in red lace up dress and knee boots
Outfit: date night in red lace up dress
 dress: c/o Lucluc - boots: Mano - coat: c/o Choies - bracelet: c/o Luxedy - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti

Sometimes, it's really nice to make an effort and dress up. Life never throws you as many occasions to look like a moviestar as you think it will when you're still a teen dreaming of adult life (filled with parties and boys and booze and professional success! yeah right), but sometimes you just have to create those opportunities for yourself. I asked my guy out on a dinner date, mostly because I wanted to eat sushi and have a reason to get dolled up.

And what better moment to pull out this showstopper? I was contacted by Lucluc to pick out an item to wear on my blog, and this dress immediately caught my fancy. Not exactly a timeless basic, but it's SO cool, right? I understand that these lace up type tops aren't everyone's favourite, but they make me feel like a comicbook superhero babe. Pretty sure the look just reminds me of Kriss Van Valnor, aka the badass villainess/antiheroine who inspired much of my play as a child. Sure, Thorgal probably wasn't the most child appropriate comic, but I turned out just fine. A bit of boobage never traumatized anyone.

Anyway, back to Lucluc. I can already hear you thinking "ugh, not another Asian webshop". But I decided to work with Lucluc because they're a bit different, in that they have a wider range of sizes than most of those Asian webshops. For every category, there's a subdivision of plus size items. And if you know that wretched Asian sizing, you know that while I'm a size small/medium in Europe, I usually have to size up to large or extra large when ordering from a shop like Shein or Lucluc. That also means that a Europe small/medium is very often the largest size available.

But not anymore! I'm not saying that Lucluc's plus size dresses for example are actually as large as the European equivalent, but they considerably increase the range of available sizes to probably something like a Europe 42. Check it out for yourself! A great option if you need some cute pieces but don't have a lot of money to blow.

No comments