Food for Friday: Potato Salad with Smoked Trout

OK guys, it's been a while since I posted a recipe - check out my Food for Friday or Recipe tag for more nomspiration (omg kill me now) - but since cooking is one of my favourite pass times, I obviously have some good stuff to share. This particular recipe is a triple threat: flavourful, ready less than 30 minutes and healthy

My favourite recipes are inspired by in-season produce or ingredients that I'm suddenly into, and this particular salad is no exception. I absolutely L.O.V.E. smoked trout, and when my father in law dropped of some beautiful new potatoes from his garden I was like heyyyyy this could work. The combination just needed some greens (I chose lamb's lettuce but uncooked spinach works just as well) and some extra creamy-tangy-saltiness to complement the two base ingredients. I chose capers, spring onions, pickles, sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice. Btw after some googling, turns out I'm not the most original person in the world as Jamie Oliver already blogged basically the exact same dish. But I'm looking at the bright side here: I'm practically as good at cooking as Jamie Oliver. Obviously.

MOVING ON, tl;dr the ingredients:

- smoked trout
- new potatoes (diced and cooked)
- lamb's lettuce
- spring onions
- capers
- pickles (tangy rather than sweet)
- two big tablespoons of sour cream
- lime juice
- sea salt
- pepper


recipe easy potato salad smoked trout


Let's go in for a close-up (wishing you could smell it huh?)


recipe easy potato salad smoked trout


Well, the recipe is super straight forward since you basically just dice the potatoes and cook em while you wash and dry the lettuce, shred the trout into smaller pieces, cut up the pickles and throw all the ingredients together. Et voila!


recipe easy potato salad smoked trout


Trust me, it's worth a try. Enjoy!


1 comment

  1. following your Beauty-Hair realted sites I am very glad follow me on:-If you are looking for hair styling with the help of hair extensions and looking for Cheap Clip in Hair Extensions then your wait has been over. Different types of hair extensions ranging from Flip in Hair Extensions to I Tip Hair Extensions are there in our website to change your style statements drastically. Best quality Remy Human Hair Extensions is also available in our website for better comfort and feeling.

    ReplyDelete