Dinner Party: Supervet.be

A few weeks ago, my guy and me were invited over at Eline and Ruud's place. Eline was a classmate of mine back at university, and we've stayed in touch ever since. I saw my friend mature and become a strong, intelligent, creative woman over the four years we attended classes together. I was especially happy for her when she told me about Ruud, since he was obviously a much cooler dude than some of the douches she had dated before (and yeah, I think Eline and I agree on that! :-D). 

Now that they've embarked on their post-grad life together, I'm in awe of the ambition they show as a couple. Eline is working as a PR pro, and Ruud has just started his own business running Supervet.be, a website promoting a wholesome diet sans grains, sans added sugar and loaded with healthy fats. I'm not the dieting kind of girl, I personally believe in everything with moderation and lots of fresh ingredients and home cooking. However, I was totally curious to see what this new lifestyle of Eline and Ruud was actually like. Ruud is a great cook, so I had no qualms about giving up grains for an evening and trusting his cooking skills.

Our menu:


(click through for the recipes on Ruud's website - in Dutch, sorry!)


supervet healthy grainfree recipe
supervet healthy grainfree recipe
supervet healthy grainfree recipe
supervet healthy grainfree recipe


Haha @ my boyfriend pouting over something. That man has a rubber face, I tell ya. I was a HUGE fan of the nochos (plus condiments, give me those ALL DAY ERRDAY), the soup (and I'm not even a red pepper soup fan!) and the ice cream, but I'm afraid I will never be able to take any sort of pizza dough alternative seriously. I see all those healthy kids pinning cauliflower pizza bases and I'm like "WHY RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD THING". Don't get me wrong, I thought Ruud's pizza was good, but since I'm such a huge fan of authentic pizza from our local Italian, I'd prefer to just eat one of Ruud's own grainfree recipes rather than a substitute for another dish. Like this cauliflower puree, yes please!

That's my two cents for ya. And since Ruud has totally inspired me with his passion for a healthy lifestyle, I have to admit I've been swept up by his vibe, which you might have noticed on my pinterest or instagram. But don't make me give up my pizza, yo.


7 comments

  1. Het ziet er ieder geval allemaal wel heerijk uit, ook de pizza eigenlijk :D ik weet wel niet hoe ik mij de smaken allemaal moet voorstellen, maar ik zou wel bereid zijn het eens allemaal te proberen

    ReplyDelete
  2. het ijs smaakte echt gewoon naar bananenijs, de soep was zoals paprikasoep maar met komijn (haha), de pizzabodem smaakte vooral naar kaas (a la kaasstengels van bladerdeeg, kaas was emmenthal of gruyere als ik me goed herinner), en de nocho's smaakten gewoon naar een soort stevige kaas-cakejes. Het amandelmeel smaakte niet erg door, zorgde vooral voor de frangipane achtige, smeuiig-korrelige substantie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zier er allemaal heerlijk uit! :D Ik vind bv. een bloemkoolpizzabodem eigenlijk wel zeer lekker, maar nu ook weer niet zo lekker dat ik pizza zou kunnen opgeven. En brood! (Met boter, mmm). Bananenijs is één van mijn favoriete gezonde desertjes. Ik draai er vaak nog een beetje pindakaas door, hemels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. graag gedaan! hij had er trouwens ook pindakaas in gedaan :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik heb al de pizza van hun site gemaakt :) CHEEZY CRUST!
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Verrassend vullend maar ik zou idd ook nooit een gewone pizza kunnen afslaan :D
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete