Paper Pom Poms and Decorating

Today's post is about inspiration, but not in the outfit department. I'm talking interior design, yo! But just the amateur kind, I'm not exactly as well versed in the world of interior design as I am in, uhm, getting dressed. But I try! I love adding small touches to make our home just a bit more 'us'. Mostly in the form of decoration, artwork, flowers, table dressing and the like. 

Right now, I'm trying to find a way to fill the space between our dining table and our ceiling. I mean, it probably makes no sense if I describe it like that, but we have a high ceiling and the lights are built into that very ceiling, which makes our dining table and the space above it kind of... lackluster? You could make it minimalist and call it a day, but minimalism isn't our thing. I like a happy home filled with colour and warmth. For an impression of the space I'm working with, check out this pic I took of the decorations I put up for Halloween and imagine all that space sans decorations. Empty, right?

SO! How to fill the space above a table for cheap, investing minimal effort? Three words: paper. pom poms. Not convinced? WELL I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I AM. But let me try to pull you over to the colourful side.




OK so all of these examples are extremely colourful, but just imagine how chic this would look when putting up a mix of neutrals that match your room? Totes chic. Or at least I think so. And who wouldn't want their living room to look like you're hosting a perma-party?

You could easily make these yourself, but I didn't feel like making the effort of getting supplies and spending time making these and ending up not entirely happy with the result because it was my first time (that's what she said!). So, what do you do when you want something awesome and original? OFF TO ETSY.

There's shops all over the place selling these, but this Denmark based Etsy shop PomPomsforParties has them for super cheap, great colour selection AND a Christmas discount code until 31/12/13 so that's where I ordered mine. I went for a 15 pom pom mix of neutrals and brights ranging from ivory to burgundy (should end up looking something like this) and I'm totally psyched to receive my package and start pom pomming it up. I'll be sure to take pics of the end result and share them with you.

SO! Your thoughts on pom poms? Other easy ways to fill empty space? Current design projects you're invested in? Random thoughts on decoration? Shoot!

4 comments

  1. Ik ben ook al eventjes op zoek naar witte in verschillende maten om boven mijn bed te hangen... thanks voor de tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaaaa pompons! Later in mijn huis hang ik er ook sowieso :D
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The latest bag here

    http://michaelkors.shoplal.com/

    ReplyDelete