Serious Stuff: Fairtrade Friendship Bracelets


Babes, you already know I'm crazy crushing on friendship bracelets. Since my own aptitude at creating them is, well, nothing to brag about, I surfed all the way over to the no. 1 online destination for crafts and unique pieces: ETSY. After a few small searches, I stumbled upon a store I fell 100% in love with. Village Gallery Design is the undertaking of a Guatemalan family who meticulously make all of their offerings by hand, and sell them for very reasonable prices.

Now, we all know that you can find loads of cute bracelets at places like Zara or H&M. What we also know (but don't like to think about) is that just a teeny tiny fraction of the price you pay actually ends up with the people who made the merchandise. And that's why I'm so happy about buying these amazingly made pieces from the actual people who spend their hours constructing them! Do good AND look good, it's the new version of mens sana in corpore sano.


Do you love it as much as I do? Follow my example and buy to support this family! To give you an extra incentive, Village Gallery Design agreed to offer my readers a discount of 20%! Just enter NEWCUSTOMER20 when checking out and you're set. Since the bracelets are already very affordable, this is a pretty sweet deal. And remember: all of the money you spend will find its way into the deserving pockets.

I can attest for the quality. I don't think I'll ever learn to braid bracelets so well that I'd be able to produce something like these works of craftsmanship. My order arrived in just 6 days (including a weekend), neatly packaged and even prettier in real life than in pictures.

Let me know which ones you order! Don't be afraid to mix and match for that armparty look.

15 comments

  1. Wat leuk! Ik ga zeker eens een kijkje nemen! Misschien vind je mijn giveaway wel leuk? Kan je één aan je verzameling toevoegen :). Prettig weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet stuff! Especially liking the large one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heel fijn! Ik ga het ook eens checken. Gelukkig heb ik mijn persoonlijk armbanden knoopster thuis zitten, mijn kleine zus is heel enthousiast en bezorgt er mij met plezier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kan ze iets maken zoals die grote? :o dat is supermoeilijk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dat heeft ze nog niet geprobeerd denk ik! Misschien moet ik haar eens uitdagen, ze heeft 3 maanden vakantie voor iets he! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the bracelets.. that's pretty. :) Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! Especially the thick blue one... heading to their etsy shop now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered the "Magnetic Circle
    Bracelet" and a pair of "Glass Bead & Semi Precious Stone
    Earrings".
    Thanks for the discount!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a fun arm party!

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  10. My attempts at braiding bracelets always stopped when I made an error. I simply don't have the skills or the patience to make a broad one (like the blue/green/purple one).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zalige armbandjes!
    http://mentrend.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, their stock is beautiful. And crazy cheap considering how long they must take to make and how gorgeous everything is. I want all of it, how ever will I decide which to choose?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you love it as much as I do! I tried to put together a mix of things I could wear separately (for different outfits) or together (for a really armparty): a mix of brights and neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay that is wonderful!!! Glad I misread the source. that is so so awesome of you to support & share this family owned business & I love seeing that they created a shop for their work directly (& of course love their bracelets).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello dear, your own blog description is definitely much informative. Actually, my spouse and i have seen many posts related to unique silver wedding
    bands
    but no one proves to possibly be ones best. But ones company gives me your opportunity to make the wedding ring on the firm. we really enjoyed the service

    ReplyDelete